Kongkee, animation director and comics artist based in Hong Kong. Founder of studio Penguin Lab since 2008. In 2015, in collaboration with bripop group BLUR, Kongkee created comic book “Travel to Hong Kong with Blur” for the group’s album The Magic Whip, which became a big hit in the scene. Comics Detournements: La littérature de Hong Kong en bande dessinée (co. Chihoi) also won wide acclaim in the international literary arts circle. Original comic and animation short “Dragon’s Delusion: Preface” received the Japan TBS channel “22nd DigiCon6 Asia Grand Prize” in 2020. Kongkee is also invited to the jury for the International Competition at the International Trickfilm Festival, Stuttgart, 2019.
During the time of pandemic, we have to learn how to live with our own. After a while, everyone became an island.
From the very beginning, there are may islands in the city that I’m living in. In a gradually way, it is hard to tell human from island. City lives like a living things. Human freeze like an architecture.
This work recording my imagination of body and city become inseparable. The primitive colour come from the love of vintage printing and old tradition .
Is the person in the picture feeling lonely ? or happy to be alone? I will leave this question open to every audience.
- Size chart is measured by flat measurements. (The measurements are taken from side to side.) All the measurements are in centimeters.
- Please pay close attention by measuring your own t-shirts to get the right size. Japanese products are usually made smaller, so please consider picking one size bigger than your usual size.
- Please do not use detergents that contain fabric brightening agents.
- Please do not tumble dry, the shirt will shrink, line-dry the shirt while keeping its original form to prevent wrinkles.
- Wash separately from other garments. The dye may bleed into the water and transfer to other clothes. Do not use too much detergent or softener.
- If the seam becomes distorted, iron the garments to help the shirt keep its original form. To protect the garments, put a piece of cloth between the garment and iron.
- The print will start wearing off through repeated wash.